Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wednesday, February 6, 2013



I need to update the comment I made yesterday about the 5% surcharge on filing fees. That surcharge is in effect until next year. Although we’ve referred to it as a three year surcharge stemming from judicial restructuring in 2010, in fact, the surcharge effective date was delayed into 2011. I apologize for any confusion. Next year the judiciary will be back in its normal three year rotation to review fees and will recommend extending the surcharge and build it into the base fee structure.

The retention hearing schedule is starting to firm up. judges will be in for interviews on two evenings beginning at 5PM. The first hearing will be next Tuesday, February 5th in the Ethan Allen Room. So far, Judges Cohen and Manley are confirmed for that night. The second hearing will be on Thursday, February 20th in room 10. So far only Judge Gerety is scheduled. I’ll post an update as soon as I have more detail. The public hearing (which will cover all judges and the magistrate) will be on Tuesday, February 26th also at 5PM. I expect that will be in room 11.

Tomorrow the Senate Judiciary Committee will return to S. 31 and attempt to mark up and vote out the bill. I’ll report back later in the day tomorrow. As always, thaks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment